Saturday 14 November 2015

Green Rider - Kristen Britain

Hey guys!
So i've just started Uni in England and haven't really had a chance to read many books since i've been here. However, I finally finished Green Rider by Kristen Britain and can finally start another book without feeling too guilty about neglecting a half read book!

For some reason this book took me a solid three months to read. I'm not too sure why it took so long because I did think it was a really good book, I guess it just wasn't one that really captured me and made me not want to put down. Or maybe I was just too busy to properly delegate time to read it, i'm not sure...

Anyway... the book centres around a teenage girl called Karigan G'ladheon, who was expelled from her school and ended up running away, only to meet a Green rider on the road who had an important message that needed to be delivered to the king. However the Green Rider had been shot by arrows and died in front of Karigan. Most of the book tells about Karigan's journey to deliver the message to King Zachary and the back story about the history of the world and the magic - both good and evil - thats present within it.

After finishing this I do realise how good of a book it actually is, even though it did take me so long to get through. This is the first in the series and the end of it gives you a little snipit of the next book. I found it a little difficult to really connect with the characters in the book, maybe thats why I neglected it? But am eager to read the next one and see where Karigan's journey takes her next. And of course I feel a little love story coming on which is exciting!!

I bought it for $23 AUD but i'm sure it would be cheaper on amazon or something like that, and would recommend it to anyone who's interested in.
I just realised that the book was published in like the late 90's and the whole series is out, so i'm a bit late on the band wagon but will be adding the rest of the series to my 'to buy' list.

Hope you enjoyed this and let me know if you've read it or of any other books you think I might enjoy! xo

0 comments: